Wedding Binder Update

Gloria Joy Ink Wedding Binder

When I created my sister’s wedding binder, I never expected it to be so well received! It’s just about the only things pinned from my blog and I’m constantly receiving thanks and some minor requests for modifications. One major request has been for a 2016 calendar. Since I made this almost two years ago, 2016 felt like The Jetsons. But here we are, and the time goes by too quickly, and I must concede that it’s time to add to the calendar.

So here it is! The long awaited 2016 Calendar and then for you crazy planning ladies, the 2017 as well. Now if you must know, I mostly included that because I’m lazy and it’s easier to get it done now that to have a bunch of emails telling me to get on it. I know I’ll wait entirely too long, so here it is, well in advance!

One last thing, there might be a rumor that there will be two new themes of this binder. Not everyone is in love with pink and I will begrudgingly admit that some of the fonts on this current version might ever so slightly be a teensy bit difficult to read. I just love the font I used and stand by it! I also, do share an affinity for many styles, colors and themes, so its fun for me to create variety. Keep a lookout for those upcoming themes within the next couple of months!

Wedding Binder_CALENDAR 2016

Wedding Binder_CALENDAR 2017

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “Wedding Binder Update

1. Kristie says:

Hey, I love this!! I get married next October and I’ve been collecting a list, off of other lists, of places to change your name after you get married. Would you be willing to make a final page that matches the book with this information for everyone?

Kind of like a “Now that you’re Married” section 🙂

1. Get your marriage license:
    Before you can change your name, you’ll need the original (or certified) marriage license with the raised seal and your new last name on it. Call the clerk’s office where your license was filed to get copies if one wasn’t automatically sent to you.

2. Change your Social Security card:
    Visit the Social Security Administration’s website and fill out the application for a new Social Security card. You’ll keep the same number — just your name will be different. Mail in your application to the local Social Security Administration office. You should get your new card within 10 business days.

3. Change your license at the DMV:
    Take a trip to the local Department of Motor Vehicles office to get a new license with your new last name. Bring every form of identification you can lay your hands on — your old license, your certified marriage license and — most important — your new Social Security card.

Once you have a social security card and driver’s license in your married name, other changes should be fairly easy. Some places only require a phone call; others may ask for a copy of your marriage certificate or social security card. Be sure to also change:

• Change your bank accounts
    • Employers/payroll
    • Post office
    • Electric and other utility companies
    • Credit card companies
    • Schools and alumni associations
    • Landlord or mortgage company
    • Insurance companies (auto, home, life)
    • Doctors’ offices
    • Voter registration office
    • Investment account providers
    • Your attorney (to update legal documents, including your will)
    • Passport office
    • Auto & Home Owner’s/Renter’s Insurance
    • Utility bills
    • Gym membership
    • Home address labels (TinyPrints!)
    • Additional credit cards not held at your main bank (this should trigger a name change with the credit bureaus)
    • Passport
    • Student Loans
    • Vehicle titles
    • Mortgages
    • Voter registration
    • Email address
    • Business cards
    • Email signature
    • LinkedIn profile

2. Hilary says:

Gloria,
    Any idea when you will be posting the different color schemes? I love this one, but am interested to see the other options before I choose one to go with. Also, did you post the “after your big day” sheet that Kristie was talking about? I would die to get my hands on that!

Thank you for all these resources. You make planning for the big day seem less intimidating.

Hilary

3. Megan says:

Hi Gloria! I absolutely LOVE your design and cannot wait to see the new versions you have in the works. I am in the process of beginning to put my wedding binder together and think I may hold of until I see the new designs you mentioned. Any idea when you may be posting them? Cant wait! Thank you so much for all of your organizational perfection 🙂

4. lisa scott says:

Hi
    I’m really in love with the creativity you put into this binder. I’m getting married June 25,2016 and my favorite color is purple. Was wondering could you possibly do a purple theme of this binder. I don’t mind passing for it. I’m just not that crafty and love just what tog have with the “note that you’re married section.” Please let me know! Thank You!

5. lisa scott says:

Hi
    I’m really in love with the creativity you put into this binder. I’m getting married June 25,2016 and my favorite color is purple. Was wondering could you possibly do a purple theme of this binder. I don’t mind paying for it. I’m just not that crafty and love just what you have created with the “now that you’re married section.” Please let me know! Thank You!

6. Luann says:

HI, I just printed three copies of everything. One for me and two for friends who just got engaged to give as a gift to them. I had no problems printing everything. This was a one and done thing – the color scheme is very pretty and so are the fonts. Very pretty and useful tool!
    Thank you very much!

7. Luann says:

HI,
    I just printed 3 of these. One for me and two for friends who recently got engaged. They will love this as I do. This was a one and done – I printed all the pages with no problem – the color scheme and fonts are so pretty. Popped it into the binder and started organizing. It looks a lot nicer than the 1 subject notebook I was using! Thank you!!